Friday, February 15, 2008

Unromantic

To celebrate Valentine’s Day, F, E, A, and I went to The Stranger’s Valentine’s Bash. People brought mementos of their failed relationships, told the stories of said relationships, and Dan Savage destroyed the mementos of said relationships with a blender, machete, sledge hammer, blow torch, tar and feathers, and other things. Good times.

F, E, and I told the epic saga of BC, or HWSNBN, as I referred to him two blogs ago. It was the first time in Valentine’s Bash history that three people told the story of being wronged by one evil ex. (Well, E didn’t really speak.)

The biggest applause lines of our story were when I said that BC gave me Dianetics for my birthday and when Fauna said that we were all roommates at the time of the goings on.

The object that we brought was a Scrabble game – the only time we ever played it was the night that BC told Fauna that she ‘had a sexual aura’ and wanted to ‘see her blossom like a flower,’ and watch ‘her sexual walls come down.’

Dan Savage chopped it in half with a machete.

And we became famous. Look!

(Thanks, E, for sending me the link.)

No comments: